When it comes to Men’s wedding attire, they are no less diverse. Be it the groom or the guests, everybody wants to look their best. For men too there are wide range of options available to wear at various wedding functions. So if you are looking for that perfect wedding outfit or for any other wedding function, we have curated a perfect guide for you that will direct you in the right direction.
Different types of wedding outfits for men
Gone are the days when there were a very few options for men at the time of their wedding. Today, there are a wide range of options available to choose from. Read on to find some of the best wedding outfits for men.
- Dhoti kurta
- Pathani suits
- Kurta pajama
Sherwani for men
Sherwanis are typically worn when the groom has to perform those wedding rituals. It is a knee-length coat which is heavily embellished specially for grooms to be. Sherwanis also come in various different styles and designs such as:
- Indo-western Sherwani – If you want to follow today’s fashion trend then indo-western is your style. It gives a touch of modernity to your traditional look.
- Jacket style – Sherwanis paired with jackets look very stylish and elegant that are usually made from banarasi and raw silk material embellished with jamwar stones.
- Anarkali style – Wearing an Anarkali style will give you the feeling of a Mughal Prince. They look very royal and outstanding.
- Jodhpuri design – This is again a royal style sherwani worn to royal weddings paired with jackets, stoles, etc.
- Pakistani Style – This style has its origin from outside the country and has very quickly made its way to the Indian Weddings. Not only grooms, but also men who attend functions will be seen wearing Pakistani style sherwanis.
- Chipkan style sherwani – This style has taken its inspiration from the ancient times, particularly the Mughal Period giving you the look and feel of a king.
- Achkan Sherwani – It is one of the most popular style giving you an elegant and classy look.
- Angrakha Sherwani – If you have a really good physique, then this the right kind of sherwani to be worn. They make your upper body look very well-built and smart.
We all want to look outstanding at weddings and the various functions that take place. Sherwanis are all in fashion today. Whether it’s the groom or the wedding guests, you will see most of them wearing Sherwanis. They look very elegant and are available in a wide variety. There are various different styles of Sherwanis to choose from. They are made from materials like Banarasi fabric, Raw silk, etc. that are heavily embellished with stones and zari work.
You can pair them up with a heavy dupatta or a stole wrapped around in style and some accessories to go with it. If you are a wedding guest, you obviously wouldn’t want to wear a heavily worked Sherwani. In such case, you can go for tropical print and floral print sherwani or printed Angrakha. These are not heavily embellished but look super stylish and traditional at the same time.
Kurta Style Sherwani
When you plan your wedding outfit, comfort is something that comes to your mind as well. It is important to wear something that gives you total comfort and confidence as well. Out of all the enormous available options, Kurta style sherwani is very comforting and elegant. A kurta paired with churidaar and pajama is a perfect choice for the groom to be as well as for the guests. If you’re a groom then you should go for a heavily embellished kurta paired with a stole and some accessory that you can carry easily throughout the function. If you are a guest attending the wedding, you can opt for a light worked sherwani or a printed one with different designs and patterns to give you a decent and royal look.
Men’s Kurta Pajama for wedding
Kurta Pajama is a very common Indian attire. When it comes to weddings, nothing looks as graceful as kurta paired with a pajama. A lot of men prefer this kind of style as it makes them look very stylish and posh. It is one of the traditional Indian styles that can never go wrong for any cultural or religious function. Kurta pajamas are available in a large variety of styles for both the groom as well as the guests. They are made from fabrics like Banarasi material, silk, cotton, etc. with different styles of work and designs paired with stoles and jewellery. They give you a completely desi look.
Festival Kurta pajamas
Kurtas are a very important part of the Traditional Indian Ethnic wear. Kurta Pajamas are not just for weddings. Men wear them for various religious functions and festivals as well. Since they give a wholly traditional look, you will see them wearing on various festivals like Eid, Diwali, Navratri, etc. These festival kurta pajamas are usually made from cotton and silk material in different colours and designs. These are not heavily designed but they do look very elegant and decent. You can easily find a perfect pair of kurta pajama online as well. Since it carries so much significance, it’s a must have for every wardrobe.